Reasons why you might receive the error message - "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
- Screen resolution settings need to be adjusted (mostly related to Windows 8 and 10 users)
- The compatibility settings for the game need to be changed
- Graphic card needs to be updated
- Run your computer in SafeMode
1. Click on the Start menu (lower left corner of your desktop)
2. Select Control Panel, then in the pop up window, select Hardware and Sound
3. Then in the Display section, select Adjust Screen Resolution
4. In this screen, select the drop down menu next to Resolution. The recommended is 1280 x 1024, lower this to either 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 800 and then click on Apply then close this window.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users
1. Right click on the game from the desktop and choose Properties
2. Then go to the compatibility tab and scroll down, check the box of Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
3. Then click on apply and try to play the game again
1. Right-click on the game from the desktop and choose Properties
2. Select the Compatibility tab
3. Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'. Please also try this by choosing the 'Windows 7' option if Windows XP does not work
4. Importantly, make sure you check the box run this as an administrator
5. Click Apply and then OK
6. Try to play your game again as this should now work
The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known).
NOTE: If you're not sure which driver you're using, download Driver Booster 3 which will help you detect your driver and any faults, etc.
- Click here for detailed steps for running your computer in SafeMode
Any further questions? Please contact Customer Support as they're always ready to help!