Reasons why you may need to run your computer in SafeMode
- If you're having trouble downloading a game
- Receiving error messages and have tried all the advised troubleshooting tips
NOTE: If you can successfully download the same game in SafeMode, it can help narrow down what is causing the problem, however will not permanently resolve the download issue.
Running your computer in SafeMode with Networking (internet connection)
1. Restart your computer
2. When your computer starts up, Press F8 on your computer keyboard until a black screen appears
3. Make sure you select the option to start your system/computer in SAFEMODE w/networking
4. Once your computer has started up in this mode, attempt to download your game again
NOTE: To get out of SafeMode, press F8 on your computer keyboard again and choose Normal Mode instead.
Windows 10 users will follow the below steps instead
1. Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power icon and Restart.
2. Once your PC restarts, you´ll see the Choose an option screen. Then select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup Settings then Restart
3. After your PC restarts again, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
NOTE: To get out of SafeMode, simply follow steps 1 and 2 and in the Startup Settings, simply press Shift and Enter on your keyboard to return to Normal Mode.