Solution 1 - Disable full screen optimization (Windows 10 and 11)
1. Right click on the game icon and open properties
2. Under the compatibility tab, check the boxes for:
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Run this program as an administrator
3. Click on Change high DPI settings and in the new window check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application
4. Apply the changes and test the game again
Note: If the game still opens in windowed mode, locate the full screen option within the games settings/options menu and ensure the box is ticked. The game should now change to full screen mode.
1. Right click on your desktop and choose Display settings
2. Under Scale and layout, set the text size to 100% (or 'recommended' if different)
3. Under Display resolution, change it to 1024x768 / 1280x768 (or similar if these options are not available)
4. Test the game after each resolution change to see which has helped
5. You can change your resolution settings back to 'recommended'/your preferred setting once the game is closed
1. Right click on the game icon
2. Select run compatibility troubleshooter.