Reasons why your game may not open after it's been downloaded and installed or why it may run slowly during game play
- The game isn't compatible with your operating system
- The game needs to be run as administrator
- The game didn't install correctly
- Outdated graphic card
- Security program is blocking the game from opening or running correctly
- Screen resolution needs to be adjusted
NOTE: You may not need to try all of these steps as the issue may be resolved after the first option.
Solution 1: Check the System Requirements of the game
1. Go to the game description page
2. Place the cursor over the System Requirements option
3. Here you will see a hover message showing the System Requirements for that game
- If it's found that your game is not compatible with your Operating System, please contact Customer Support for further help.
- If it is compatible with your system, you can try the following steps:
1. Right-click on the game icon from the desktop and choose Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.
3. Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
4. Importantly, make sure you check the box run this as an administrator
5. Click Apply and then OK.
6. Start a game. You should now be able to play this game. If a pop up warning message appears, be sure to click allow so the game can run.
1. Close the GameHouse window
2. Make sure that UAC is running
3. Right-click the game icon or shortcut and select Run As Administrator
4. Click Continue or Allow on the prompt that appears
Uninstalling a game varies for different operating systems. Click here for instructions specific to your operating system.
The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known) and follow the steps to update this.
Norton, McAfee, and ZoneAlarm are three of the most popular providers of firewall software. Steps to adjust your firewall will vary from product to product, so for more detailed instructions, see the below links -
- Norton users - contact http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ to find out how to configure it correctly.
- McAfee usesr - contact http://us.mcafee.com/root/support.asp to find out how to configure it correctly.
- ZoneAlarm users - contact http://www.zonealarm.com/support/ to find out how to configure it correctly.
NOTE: If you are running two or more firewall programs, disable the secondary firewall and configure the primary firewall using the instructions above.
1. Click on the Start menu (lower left corner of your desktop)
2. Select Control Panel, then in the pop up window, select Hardware and Sound
3. Then in the Display section, select Adjust Screen Resolution
4. In this screen, select the drop down menu next to Resolution. The recommended is 1280 x 1024, lower this to either 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 800and then click on Apply then close this window.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users
1. Right click on the game from the desktop and choose Properties
2. Then go to the compatibility tab and scroll down, check the box of Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
3. Then click on apply and try to play the game again
Any further questions? Please contact Customer Support as they're always ready to help!