Why your game might crash, freeze or flicker during game play
- Screen resolution needs adjusting
- Graphic Card Driver is outdated
- The game progress files are corrupted
1. Click on the Start menu (lower left corner of your desktop)
2. Select Control Panel, then in the pop up window, select Hardware and Sound
3. Then in the Display section, select Adjust Screen Resolution
4. In this screen, select the drop down menu next to Resolution. The recommended is 1280 x 1024, lower this to either 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 800 and then click on Apply then close this window.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users
1. Right click on the game from the desktop and choose Properties
2. Then go to the compatibility tab and scroll down, check the box of Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
3. Then click on apply and try to play the game again
The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known) and follow the steps to update this.
NOTE: Intel users - It's important to note that PC manufacturers (such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, and others) can modify Intel's drivers to add or remove functionalities. This means that if you have a branded device, it's recommended to download the latest graphics update from your manufacturer first, then through Intel. Otherwise, unexpected behaviors, such as loss of features and configurations can be expected.
Solution 3 - Remove your game progress files
This solution is only relevant for players who have already been playing the game and then it no longer works (not when the game crashes or freezes on the first attempt at playing)
1. The files are in a hidden folder and the settings need to be changed in the computer to show all hidden files - C:\ProgramData\game title or developer
2. Click on Windows Start menu and type in the search box Run and click Enter
3. A small window should open. Copy and paste this ‘C:\ProgramData\game title or developer’ to the search box and press Enter (you can also find these files by typing ‘AppData’ and pressing Enter.
4. Please delete all the files in this folder and test the game.
NOTE: If you're not sure how to locate the game progress files, please get in touch with Customer Support and they can provide the details for the specific game you're having trouble with.
Any further questions? Please contact Customer Support as they're always ready to help!