Reasons why you might receive the 'Access Violation' error message
- This is very rare and almost always related to the individual computer on which they occur
- Outdated Graphic Card Drivers
- Outdated DirectX version installed
Solution 1 - Update your Graphic Card driver
The most common drivers are listed below. Click on the name of the driver you have (if known) and follow the steps to update this.
NOTE: Intel users - It's important to note that PC manufacturers (such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, and others) can modify Intel's drivers to add or remove functionalities. This means that if you have a branded device, it's recommended to download the latest graphics update from your manufacturer first, then through Intel. Otherwise, unexpected behaviors, such as loss of features and configurations can be expected.
The most common PC manufacturers are:
Solution 2 - Java is not installed or updated
Please click here to install Java on your system or check and update this.
Solution 3 - DirectX is not installed or updated
Check that you have the latest DirectX version installed on your computer. Click here to check this.
Solution 4 - Malware present
To make sure that this issue is not caused by a malware, please download MalwareBytes and scan your computer.
Solution 5 - Adjustments needed in games properties
1. Make a right click on the game icon and open Properties
2. Under the Compatibility tab check the boxes for:
- Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Run this program as an administrator
3. Apply the changes and open the game.
Solution 6 - Lower UAC settings
1. Go to the search bar on your computer and type UAC and open Change user accounts control settings
2. In the next screen, drag the slider all the way down and click OK to confirm
3. Then uninstall your game and then redownload it again and test if the game now works
NOTE: It is not recommended to leave the setting all the way down. Please keep it this way only to try to get the game opened and then move it back to the default setting.